Labradorite is a feldspar that forms in pegmatites or basic magmas. Its brilliant colors are due to its lamellar structure, which determines the refraction of incident light. Spectrolite is a dark Finnish labradorite, on whose surface a magnificent play of reflections is generated.
Labradorite was discovered in 1770 on the Labrador Peninsula.
Spectrolite, however, was discovered in Finland in the 20th century. Nothing has been handed down to us about them by tradition.
- Chemical formula : (Ca,Na)(Si,Al) 4 O 8
- Appearance : Labradorite appears gray in color, ranging from light to dark. In some places it presents the typical opalescences and multicolored reflections that have made it famous.
- Element : Labradorite is associated with the element of air .
- Associated chakras : labradorite harmonizes the third chakra or Manipura and the sixth chakra or Ajna .
- Planets : Mercury, Uranus.
- Zodiac signs : Gemini, Virgo, Aquarius.
PROPERTIES AND MEANING OF LABRADORITE
Effects of labradorite on the physical body:
Labradorite reduces the sensation of cold. It is indicated for colds, rheumatism and gout.
It is also useful for lowering blood pressure and can act as a tranquilizer.
For its action to manifest itself on the physical plane, it must be carried with you and kept in contact with the body.
Effects of labradorite on the psyche:
Labradorite is an excellent antidote against illusions . Just as the reflections of its surface highlight the most varied colors, in the same way it highlights our purposes and intentions, allowing us to see their real nature. For this same reason this stone strengthens mental clarity and understanding .
Labradorite facilitates the resurfacing of old memories and promotes depth of feelings . Furthermore, it stimulates the imagination and makes one contemplative and introspective.
This stone is suitable for all those who want to make a change in their life or need to cope with periods of profound changes .
Labradorite helps develop fresh enthusiasm and an abundant production of ideas. It also promotes a lively creative spirit .